BITx needs more promoting

Anything directly related to the XRP Ledger BITx token
notsatoshi

BITx needs more promoting

Post by notsatoshi »

I think bitx is very good but is suffering from only having a few followers on twitter - how is bitx going to increase its twitter followers? not many in the community have even heard of bitx yet
bitx
Site Admin

Re: BITx needs more promoting

Post by bitx »

I agree, we are currently not capitalizing anywhere near as much as is possible on the large number of XRPL token holders that use Twitter. I have three main thoughts on this:

1) Many XRPL project twitter accounts artificially inflate their twitter follows with many of those followers appearing to be genuine XRPL supporters. In reality many of these projects have far fewer genuine followers. BITx will never seek to artificially increase twitter followers, partly because the engagement rate would be reduced and partly because it's deceptive and sucks.
2) My belief is that in the long run, having an organically acquired twitter following is going to benefit the organic promotion of BITx in the future, as oppose to fake followers making BITx look 'suspect'.
3) We do need to reach out more quickly to other XRPL community members to help grow our following. As part of our (so far) unpublished road map we are beginning to do this and expect to increase out twitter following at a much faster rate over the coming months.

Thanks for the input, we encourage all discussions like this one.
Bitcoin ideology - XRP Ledger utility | BITx Website | BITx Twitter
notsatoshi

Post by notsatoshi »

any update on this?
notsatoshi

Post by notsatoshi »

any news?
bitx
Site Admin

Post by bitx »

We're currently chatting with one of the more established faucet tool providers to see if we can add BITx to their faucet program. The hope is that this will get BITx in front of more XRPL Community eyes on Twitter. We'll let you know when we do :)
XRPETF

Post by XRPETF »

If you get BITx onto an XRPL faucet thing where would the BITx come from to fund the faucet?
wen xrp etf
bitx
Site Admin

Post by bitx »

XRPETF wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:57 pm If you get BITx onto an XRPL faucet thing where would the BITx come from to fund the faucet?
It would be funded from the balance of BITx we acquired through buybacks, using XRP generated from NFT sales.
XRPETF

Post by XRPETF »

OK thanks, I hadn't thought about the NFT sales buybacks, that makes sense.
wen xrp etf
bitx
Site Admin

Post by bitx »

Once the BITx wallet is holding some significant percentages of the supply of other XRPL project tokens it's assumed that we will sell more of the limited edition NFTs(https://xrp.cafe/collection/bitx) .. and/or that existing holders will offer them for sale also. It would make sense for active projects to acquire one rather than risk their project tokens being subject to the whim of the team here.
XRPETF

Post by XRPETF »

It would make sense for active projects to acquire one rather than risk their project tokens being subject to the whim of the team here.
I guess so. All power to BITx!
wen xrp etf